For New Year’s bash this year, I opted for a house party with tons of alcohol, food, snacks, karaoke, movies etc (drinking games of course) but following are few ideas for a New Year’s party/bash in Ho Chi Minh City.
10 ways to celebrate New Year’s to do:
1. Reserve a table at Chill Skybar on AB towers or in fact any sky bar in the town.
2. Countdown festivals: Heinekin, escape and other countdowns are hosted all over the city, just drop by any. It’s a little crowded though.
3. The Bui Vien Street: all the tourists go crazy on Bui vien street, they dance on the roads with random music, fake snow. It sounds fun.
4. A night in Melong Delta: Just spend a night in the peace of an island with your family or girlfriend on a tiny island in the middle of the river.
5. Local bars: if you’re alone and cannot afford big bashes just crash into local bars, you might even get lucky 😉
6. House Party: a lot of Vietnamese people prefer hosting house parties.
7. Firework and city centre countdown (District 1) – too much traffic though.
8. Go to an orphanage and celebrate with kids by sharing gifts, a peaceful meal.
9. Take a motorbike tour around city: hire a bike and go around the city.
10. Do multiple activities listed on the list above 😉
Happy New Year 😉